Wednesday, May 30, 2012

An Eliana first: She hid her face.

A benefit of expanding Eliana into new foods is they are often less messy. I shared with her some spoonfuls of the oats and yogurt in my breakfast concoction. She seems to really like the French vanilla. I like that the consistency is thick enough that it all stays in her mouth.

Eliana also enjoys one of my favorite types of buttered bread, a mixture of whole grains with nuts. Whether plain or toasted, she likes it either way, and either way it is a bib-optional experience.

With the bib not around her neck, Eliana quickly repurposed it as a toy. When she hid her face behind it, Ethan and I said, “Where’s Eliana?” She was already familiar with unhiding, so the “There she is!” part came easily. Again and again, Eliana led us in a game of peek-a-boo.

Eliana hiding her face